Olivine City Guide Mar 8, 2012 7:30:10 GMT 11
Post by 「JoJo」 on Mar 8, 2012 7:30:10 GMT 11
Description: The Port With Sea Breezes
This distinctive port city is known for its tourist slogan of "A city where you can hear the melody of the sea." True enough, surrounded along the south perimeter is a vast sea which connects much of Johto up with the other regions via the plentiful ocean. The world famous S.S. Aqua also docks there in order to take passengers around the world. Also of note is the incredible towering lighthouse known as Glitter Lighthouse that acts as a beacon for those out at sea. Recently, the sea side city has become a haven for battle enthusiasts wishing to challenge the Battle Frontier. This city is also home to a specialist Steel type gym and is led by the compassionate trainer known as Jasmine.Surrounding Areas:
The city has three entrances. To the north is the city's main entrance that connects to Route 39. South of the city is the expansive Johto sea that is primarily used by water vehicles to journey off to distant lands. The west ventures off into Route 40 and is the trainer's designated route to explore far gentler waters. The other side of this path links up with Cianwood.
The following list suggests a possible order in which Olivine City and its surrounding areas may be explored:
- Explore Glitter Lighthouse (optional)
- Defeat Jasmine and claim the Mineral Badge (mandatory for progress to Mahogany Town along with Cianwood's Storm Badge)
- Negotiate Route 40 & 41 ---> Cianwood City
Note: The minimum requirement needed to progress to Cianwood City is one battle on Route 40.
Other Points of Interest:
- Stop off at Moomoo Farm for some fresh and tasty milk
- Visit the city's remarkable port
- Ascend to the top and see for yourself what empowers the lighthouse
- Chill out with a relaxing snack at the Olivine Café
- Challenge the mighty Battle Frontier