Guide to Group Roleplaying! Jul 12, 2012 1:37:39 GMT 11
Post by Kataya on Jul 12, 2012 1:37:39 GMT 11
So, you want to know how Group Roleplay?
Well, that's just dandy then, and we can teach you in a snap! Now, there are a couple of ways to do this, so let me name quite a few that we have here.
You have more than one Character? Well don't worry, all are able to participate in group threads, just make sure it's not at the same time, because that does get confusing. In a group RP with one character? Well feel free to throw yourself into another with a second or third character!
You can start the group wherever you wish if you are in an unmodded group, and this is applicable up to the farthest point that at least one of the members have travelled. So are you in Violet City and want to start a group role play with someone in New Bark? No Problem, they can end up right there with you! This rule does not apply to modded groups, which are only allowed to be in a place where all players have been.
Need a Mod for your group? Well, anytime you need an NPC or Pokemon to appear, if five days have passed, just remind us here But only once please! Though normally, if you just put a (Group/Mod needed) at the end of the thread, someone will see it and be able to get to you as fast as they can. But just keep in mind that we have a lot of threads to take care of, and it may take us a while to get there, so it is important to be patient.
But be aware that generally you are supposed to pre-arrange a Modded group thread with a specific Mod. This is to make it easier for everyone, though mostly the Mod, to manage, and so that the Mod knows what's going on better. Remember that unlike normal threads, there is no obligation for any staff member to check these threads regularly unless it involves an important quest. So we won't know to check unless a Mod happens to read it, which isn't very likely due to the other threads we need to Mod, and all the other work we do.
Now keep this in mind. You are allowed quite a few threads:
- One modded single thread: These are the threads people normally choose to do to advance in their stories, and move from town to town. You are allowed one of them for each of your characters. This includes quests like the Happiness quest, so if you decide you want to play through a quest, you can't continue training in another thread.
- One modded event thread: Now and then ZZ has some neat events lined up for you, some around holidays and some not. Want to participate, but already have a modded thread or quest going on? No worries! They are separate from events and single threads, so feel free to hop on if its your kind of event.
- One modded group thread: These do not have priority over single modded threads, so they are a bit more for specialized role players who are willing to wait to advance in a group thread. But we still get to it, so mainly if you have a small plot in mind or something, let a mod know what you have in mind. Note, you are allowed to travel with another trainer, but between mod replies, and waiting for your partner to reply, it could take a while.
- One modded Estate thread: You are allowed one of these at a time for just one character. Any more and we will lock them. So choose the estate you want to enter wisely. Note that the only people that moderate these are the owners of that estate.
- Unmodded group: you are allowed as much of these as you can handle at a time. This includes staying at an estate, but that estate thread won't be modded, and it's a lot better that you own your own estate before starting an unmodded thread there.
One more important rule:
You are only allowed up to a maximum of three modded threads at any time. So a quest, an estate, and an event, or a single, estate, and modded group, but not more than that at once. Also, remember, DO NOT use the same pokemon in a battle in any of the three threads you have. This means if you have Vulpix out in an event, don't use it in your main thread until the battle in the event ends, and that Pokemon is no longer in use.
This is to avoid level discrepancies that will arise from using in more than one place at a time.
Now, this is normally the biggest thing among people. An unmodded group is primarily used just for meetings for characters to interact. In an unmodded group, you do not gain exp from battles, nor any items. Now, if a person decides to give you an Item or a Pokemon, that's fine, just let a staff member know that you want it transferred from your profile to theirs. But remember, in order to give someone an item or a Pokemon, you must have the item or Pokemon to begin with. this does not include something that doesn't actually count as a listed item (Ex. A Normal Locket, ext.). Shop owners, if you are Rping with a friend who has brought one of your Pokemon, this is a good chance to go ahead and give it to them IC if you choose.
You can have as many of these types of threads as you'd like at once, since we run on a sort of liquid time on these kind of things. Just don't overload yourself with them! One last thing. Remember that there is a difference between an Open and a closed Group. Open means anyone can come on in and join, but a group with a title that says something like: On the Road (Bob) or something, means that this person only wants that specific person or persons posting in their group, so remember not to post in it if it's private!
Modded groups are a whole new ball field. These generally take longer because you not only need a mod, but your roleplaying partner/s have to post as well. But if you bunch are patient enough, there is nothing wrong with having one! Remember, the thread can only be set as far as every member in your group has gone. So if you have been in Cherrygrove, and your partner is still only in New Bark, then it must take place in New Bark. Generally, you rp unmodded style until your group decides you need a mod. When that happens, you can either request one (but don't expect a response right away please, the mods are plenty busy!) and someone will get to you as soon as possible. Another way to get our attention is to put the words (Group/Mod) somewhere in the end of the thread title. We will notice it.
You'll gain experience as in any other thread during a battle, just remember this counts as one of the three allowed modded threads, so don't use one Pokemon in two places!
These aren't un-welcomed either. They're the least common type people use, but believe me, it's quite fun! These pages are generally used for groups of five or more people, the kind that will meet again and again, or maybe just once in a big event planned by the groups leader for the group. Generally, they look like this Now, these threads don't generally have to look as pretty, but it might attract members that way, it's up to you how to organize it. But state what the group is about, what you are looking for, and people will respond! A snippet of advice would be, make sure you look for people who actually want to be in the group, not people who'd like to join just because it was there, because this will lead the group to last longer. Once your group is formed, plot away! Most of these are normally unmodded, since it is very hard to mod for five people all at one time.
Where do you make one of these? Well head on over here, and make sure you read this
So I've taught you just about everything I can about group Roleplaying. As for getting people to join you, just ask around and see who is interested, there are plenty of people who would be interested in a nice group RP.
Happy RPing everyone!~