Gogoat Racing Guide May 24, 2016 23:37:00 GMT 11
Post by 「JoJo」 on May 24, 2016 23:37:00 GMT 11
25 Coin Entry Fee
This is a fun little mini-game that takes place towards the of the month. It is based on the Battle of the Elements forum game but with a few twists! You can select from 5 different mounts:
1. If you double post you are disqualified.
2. You must use the code provided on race day.
3. Add +5 to every, including your first, post (+ any berries). See example in the post below.
4. Only keep track of your own total.
5. You cannot detract from other players.
6. If you make an error in your calculations you are eliminated*.
Do not modify/delete your posts.
7. Games last 5 days before they time out.
8. The 1st player to 100 wins. Otherwise the last one standing, with the highest total, wins as long as they posted at least once.
9. Anyone eliminated or not racing can post either distractions or Oran Berries.
*There is a 1st post mulligan for the race in general & for special phase changes. If your 1st post of the race (or phase change) is incorrect for any reason, you may continue as if it was correct; adjusting as necessary for your next post.
Oran berries act as +1 boosts. The next eligible player can collect all/some/none of the berries and include them in their total.
Note: If there's 10 Oran Berries on the field and the next racer only includes 6 in their post, leaving 4 remaining, these are not available for the next racer as they are trampled. Including these will result in elimination!
To participate just fill out the form in any current sign up thread. Coins will not be deducted until the race starts.
If it's the character's first time winning 1st Place in the Regular Johto Races choose from 1 of these:
Attacks: Tackle, Growth
Ability: Sap Sipper
Attacks: Mud Slap, Rock Smash, Iron Defense
Ability: Own Tempo or Stamina
For every other win, you receive something different. Those who place at 2nd and 3rd also win prizes:
|1st|| 2RT + Coins* |
|2nd|| 1RT + Coins|
|3rd|| x2 Oran Berries + Coins|
*Coins is determined by a fraction of the total pot, which is 950 + Entry fees. So it gets better the more people are racing!
1st Place is 45% of the total pot, 2nd gets 35%, and 3rd gets the rest. Rounding up in favor of Lower Placing.
Sign ups will be announced in a separate topic and will have a countdown timer for when the race itself will begin once enough interest is met. We will try to vary up the start times each time these races are done but due to the nature of time zones, this may not always be convenient for everyone. Please refer to a countdown timer which will appear at the top of the board.