Group Roleplaying & Thread Limitations May 23, 2015 18:08:16 GMT 11
Post by Professor Oak on May 23, 2015 18:08:16 GMT 11
Here on ZZ you are allowed more than 1 simultaneous thread for each of your characters. However, in order to keep things like Inventory & Experience manageably uncomplicated we have a few limitations:
1) Pokémon cannot be used in battle for 2 different simultaneous threads. If this does happen, whichever battle concludes first will have the experience applied and the other will net zero exp.
2) The Maximum number of modded threads per character is 3. This is broken down as follows...- 1 Solo Journey Thread (Quests, Dream Seer, the Gauntlet, etc)Beyond this you are allowed 1 Estate Modded thread, but it falls upon the Estate Owner to manage. See ZZ's Housing Commission for more details.
- 1 Event Thread (X-Mas, Festival, etc)
- 1 Group Thread (Quests, Journeying together, or PvP*)
3) Otherwise, you are allowed as many un-modded threads as you can handle.
*Note: PvP does not net any experience so it is not necessary to ask a mod to manage a for-fun battle.
The simplest way to start RPing with others is to create a thread with "Open to All", or just simply the word 'Open' in the title. The Group Page is usually only necessary for large groups of 4+ members or even clans who may want to stick together for a period of time to display all achievements by the group. It is possible to advance in one's journey as a group; though Gym Battles and some things do require it to be done solo.
Groups can start anywhere in Johto if at least 1 character in the group has legitimately reached said location, but only if no modding is required. If the group is tackling a quest, for example the Slowpoke Well in Azalea, it would only be practical if all members of the group are that far advanced into the roleplay.
Be warned, Group Threads (excluding quests) are not typically added to the Moderator Reply List and get lower priority attention. If you want to have a wild/NPC battle in a group thread, thus requiring a Moderator's attention, you must post a mod request.
If it's a group journey thread just put [Mod] in the title so mods know to add it to the reply list from the get-go. Though, again be warned, if it is alongside a solo journey post of either participant it may take longer to reply to; especially if your solo threads are being treated as BIKE ON.