Post by Professor Oak on Jun 25, 2007 16:00:58 GMT 11
ZapdosZulu Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver Roleplay
The Heart and Soul of Pokémon RP
Travel alone or with friends as you make your way from New Bark to Mt. Silver in the classic regions of Johto and Kanto!
There will be many challenges along the way, but you can handle them in any order you like! Adventure far and wide, training up your first team while collecting younger pokémon along the way -- then return to earlier areas to pick up quests you didn't do on the first pass to train them up too.
You may have to help trainers, rescue wild pokémon, or fight off villains as they try to take over areas around the map. Capture pokémon during special events at different times throughout the years - some which will not be available again for a long time. Make choices throughout your adventure that could have significance later on!
Leave your Pokémon at the Day Care to raise or breed them; win coins at the Game Corner and buy special prizes; earn enough money to buy your own estate and fill it your favourites for other trainers to battle and capture; create your own shop to sell off some of your old items... And so much more!
Post by Professor Oak on Jul 31, 2009 13:11:17 GMT 11
General 1. Be respectful of others and abide by the PB ToS.
2. No unsolicited advertising anywhere except the Advertising board.
3. Only 1 account per person. Exceptions may be made, but ask an admin first.
4. Avoid double posting, make use of the Modify button.
5. Post on topic and aim for correct spelling and grammar as much as possible.
Role Play 1. Rules for creating Characters are found here.
2. After you've been approved visit Your First Pokémon to select a starter, then start your journey in New Bark Town. Visit each town in the order they are on the forum, collecting each Badge (if there is one) before moving on.
3. While writing in-character ensure you are writing as much as possible. You must have at least a paragraph for a Mod to reply.
4. If you complete a thread, edit a [F] or [D] into the topic title to alert admin that it can be archived. If your topic is paused while you adventure elsewhere put [On Hold].
5. Do not request specific Pokémon to appear in your thread. You can put a wishlist into your character's profile and if a Mod sees it they may decide to use one as the random encounter. The only exception to this is the Pokémon Radar.
6. Only moderators can control wild Pokémon. Just like in the games, you cannot decide whether your attack hits or if your Pokémon dodges. You tell your pokemon what move you want them to do. Read our Battle System Guide for more info. Attempting to manipulate any of the above will have consequences.
7. Only REAL Pokémon are allowed.
8. If your pokemon journey has not been replied to in over 5 days, check our Mod List Member View to verify that it's there and we haven't missed it before prodding mods for a reply. Similarly, do not hassle other members to post in group threads. A reminder once a week is fine.
9. Do not use a Pokémon in more than one place at a time. This is to avoid unfair level gain. In the event this does occur, the level gain will only be taken into account from the battle that finishes first.
Other Notes Evolution & Moves Pokémon evolve after a battle ends if they meet the level requirement. You will be asked by a moderator whether you want your Pokémon to evolve or not. The same idea applies when your Pokémon learns a new move; you will be prompted to select a maximum of 4 moves.
Alterations Additional rules that reconcile the differences between the Pokémon games and ZapdosZulu can be found in the following Notes.